One of my aunts, Shanthi, reads my blog whenever she gets a chance and she encourages me so much. When she speaks to me over phone, she always tells me that I only show her pictures of what I do and I never give her anything to taste. So I decided to make her a special treat when there was a plan to visit her. Day before yesterday, when Sruti came from school, we planned to spend the weekend at my aunt’s place. And to take her, I was thinking of so many dishes. And one among them was this almond streusal cake which happens to be the challenge for this week’s Fondbite”s Bake Along challenge. At first I thought of skipping the challenge as there was enormous amount of butter in the recipe. Then when the thought of gifting came, I felt that this would be a perfect treat for my aunt.
Posts tagged ALMONDS
1. Soak chickpeas overnight and pressure cook until tender the next day.
2. Drain and reserve water.
3. Blanch almonds, remove skin and grind it along with curd.
4. Heat ghee and add the whole spices.
5. Add in the spice powders and saute for a minute.
6. Switch off flame and allow it to cool down.
7. Now add the curd mixture and stir it until incorporated.
8. Put the pan back on flame and keep on stirring to avoid the curdling of the curd mixture.
9. Cook the mixture for 15 minutes on low flame and keep on stirring.
10. Now add the chickpeas and salt. Adjust consistency using the water from the boiled chickpeas.
11. Cover and cook on low flame for 10 minutes.
12. Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot along with rice.