Today has been a busy day. This is my third post for the day. Don’t forget to read Cream Cheese Frosting and Devil’s Food Cupcakes posts. I am sure you will like it. This post is part of the monthly BM for which I am doing one pot dishes this week. For this theme I have been so creative and have tried different recipes so far. Don’t be confused by the name of this pulao. When I was listing out recipes, I just had an idea. Why not incorporate the flavours of fried rice in pulao. Fried rice cannot be termed as one pot meal, as we need to cook rice separately, sauté the veggies separately and finally combine both in a pan.
This was sort of experiment which turned out so nice. But still this cannot beat fried rice as the veggies will retain the crunch in it. In this pulao, the veggies will become soft because of pressure cooking. I made this for my daughter’s lunch box one day along with honey chilly sesame potatoes. My daughter loved the combination. As hubby was out of town, I didn’t even think twice before making it. Serve it with tomato ketchup and it will surely be a hit among kids.
Rice – 1 cup
Oil – 1tbs
Carrot – 1
Cabbage – 1/4 cup, shredded
Capsicum – 1 small
Onion – 1
Green Chilly – 1
Soy Sauce – 1 tsp
Red Chilly Sauce – 1 ts
Green Chilly Sauce – 1/2 tbs
Tomato Sauce – 3 tbs
Vinegar – 1 tsp
Black Pepper Powder – 1/4 tsp
Water – 2 1/2 cups
Salt – to taste
In a pressure cooker, add oil and add onions.
When golden add in the carrot, cabbage, green chilly and capsicum.
Fry for a minute and add the sauces, vinegar, pepper powder and fry for one more minute.
Add washed and drained rice and fry for two minutes.
Add in water and salt.
Cover the cooker and when the first whistle blows, reduce flame and cook for three minutes.
Once the pressure is gone, remove lid and fluff it with fork.
Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.
- Rice - 1 cup
- Oil - 1tbs
- Carrot - 1
- Cabbage - 1/4 cup, shredded
- Capsicum - 1 small
- Onion - 1
- Green Chilly - 1
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
- Red Chilly Sauce - 1 ts
- Green Chilly Sauce - 1/2 tbs
- Tomato Sauce - 3 tbs
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - 1/4 tsp
- Water - 2 1/2 cups
- Salt - to taste
- Spring Onions
- In a pressure cooker, add oil and add onions.
- When golden add in the carrot, cabbage, green chilly and capsicum.
- Fry for a minute and add the sauces, vinegar, pepper powder and fry for one more minute.
- Add washed and drained rice and fry for two minutes.
- Add in water and salt.
- Cover the cooker and when the first whistle blows, reduce flame and cook for three minutes.
- Once the pressure is gone, remove lid and fluff it with fork.
- Garnish with spring onions and serve immediately.