Recipe Source: Sunita
Wheat Flour-1 cup
Nigella Seeds-a pinch
Oil-For Deep Frying
1. Mix together flour, nigella seeds and oil in a bowl.
2. Add enough water to make a firm dough.
3. Cover and keep it aside for 10 minutes.
4. Now divide the dough into 14 equal portions and roll each portion into a ball.
5. Roll each ball into a thin disc.
6. Cut vertical lines on the disc as shown in the snap.
7. Now roll the disc and press edges together to get the shape of kordois.
8. Heat oil in a pan.
9. Fry the kordois two or three at a time. When golden in colour and the sizzling of oil has stopped, remove them from oil and place on a plate.
10. In a sauce pan add sugar and water and bring it to boil.
11. Keep on boiling until the syrup becomes sticky.
12. Now dip the kordois one by one in the syrup.
13. Remove from the syrup and place on a plate and allow it to dry.
14. Once cool the kordois will become non sticky.
15. Store in air tight jar.