For the second day of Blogging Marathon A-Z theme, I am posting under Bakes. Whenever I see Nigella cook, she bakes the vegetables to accompany her main course. I usually stir fry the vegetables in my daily cooking. Though I have tried baking vegetables, I don’t do it often. Today I made this baked vegetables as a side dish for Sruti’s lunch box. Myself and PK had it with a bowl of curd and it was so delicious. It also makes a great appetizer. Place a plate full of spicy baked vegetables with some forks and a bowl of curd and it would surely be a crowd pleaser. It also requires less oil while compared to the stir fry we do stove top and it is also fuss free. Spread the vegetables on a foil lined tray and cleaning also becomes easier. You can use any hard vegetable for this dish such as sweet potatoes, carrots, potatoes, yellow pumpkins and so on..
Cumin -1/2 tsp
Coriander Powder-2 tsp
Turmeric Powder-1/4 tsp
Coriander Leaves-2 tbs
Mint Leaves-2 tbs
1. Cut the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
2. Preheat oven to 200C.
3. Line a tray with foil.
4. Add all the spices and herbs to the cubed vegetables and mix well.
5. Spread it on the tray and place it in oven.
6. Bake it until the top of the vegetables shrink and they become golden.
7. Keep on stirring at regular intervals.
8. It may take 45-60 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and serve it hot along with curd or any other dip.
Logo courtesy : Preeti