For the second day of Blogging Marathon Week 3, I prepared a recipe from Hudson Canola’s Good Mood Food. When I received a pack of Hudson Canola Oil, there was a recipe book in the pack. There were so many lovely recipes but as usual I never tried them. So at least for the sake of BM I wanted to try a recipe. As I had all the ingredients needed for this recipe, I made it for our evening snack. It is a combination of nutritious ingredients and is shallow fried in canola oil to make it more healthy. I served the cakes with sweet and green chutney. The cakes were very soft and very delicious. The combination of green and sweet chutneys was wonderful and we thoroughly enjoyed these cakes.
Makes 18 Cakes
Crumbled Paneer-1 cup
Green Peas-1/2 cup
Fresh Bread Crumbs-1/4 cup
Coriander powder-1/2 tsp
Cumin Powder-1/4 tsp
Tandoori Masala Powder-1/2 tsp
Chaat Masala-1/4 tsp
Red Chilly Powder-1/2 tsp
Oil-For Shallow Fry
1. Pressure cook potatoes, peel skin and mash it in a bowl.
2. Blanch palak in 1/2 cup of water.
3. Strain water and finely chop the blanched spinach
4. Cook green peas, strain water and mash them with the back of the spoon.
5. Add spinach, green peas, crumbled paneer, bread crumbs to the potatoes and mix well.
6. Add salt, red chilly powder, coriander powder, cumin powder, chaat masala and tandoori masala and mix well.
7. Divide the mixture into 18 equal portions.
8. Roll each portion into a ball and flatten it in your palm to make cakes.
9. Heat oil in a tawa, arrange the cakes on it and fry until both sides are golden.
10. Serve along with green and sweet chutney.