Today is the final day of the Blogging Marathon and I wanted to end it with my daughter’s favourite cake. Yes, the chocolate cake! I bought a silicon daisy mould two months back but never baked anything in it. Today I tried it and wow, it is very nice. No greasing or dusting. The cake comes out of the mould easily. I think I am going to search for more shapes and sizes. It is very rare to get silicon moulds in Madurai. Coming to the cake, I tried out a recipe from Tarla Dalal’s book. It uses both butter and oil and uses lots of baking powder. The cake was so soft and moist. It was so delicate to handle and was so delicious. I am linking this to Kid’s Delight– Eggless and Vegan Bakes guest hosted by Priya and started by Srivalli.
1. In a bowl add melted butter, oil and sugar. If you don’t have castor sugar, then add powdered sugar.
2. Whisk well until sugar dissolves.
3. Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa powder.
4. Add water to the butter mixture and whisk well.
5. Add the flour mixture and mix it gently using a wooden spoon.
6. Pour the batter into silicon moulds or a 7″cake tin.
7. Preheat oven to 160C.
8. Bake the cake for 15minutes if using small moulds and 25-35minutes for a single tin.
9. Check with a tooth pick. When done transfer to wire rack and allow it to cool completely.
10. Serve and Enjoy.
Linking this to Anjali’s Cakes, Cookies and Desserts.