Channa Dhal(Kadalai Paruppu)-1/2cup
Toor Dhal(Thuvaram Paruppu)-1/2cup
Red Chilly-50gm (adjust according to your taste)
1. Dry roast all the dhals separately until brown. Be careful not to burn the dhals.
2. Dry roast the chillies until aromatic and crisp. Do this on low flame. I always roast the chillies with the stalk. This reduces the fuming of hot chillies. You can remove it when they cool.
3. Roast hing and salt and add it to the dhals.
4. Grind the red chillies first to a fine powder.
5. Then add the dhals and grind to a coarse powder. Do this in batches.
6. Mix every thing on a plate until thoroughly combined.
7. Store in jars for further use.
8. Mix some podi with sesame oil and this paste tastes great with dosas and idlis.
|Roast all the ingredients|
|Grind in batches|
|Mix well and store|
Linking this to WTML-2012 January hosted at my space.