- Beat butter and sugar until creamy.
- Sieve flour and baking powder. In a bowl add the flour, butter mixture, curd and vanilla essence.
- Knead it into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into two. Divide one half into two quarters.
- On a rolling board keep a butter paper and place the half dough portion and roll it into a square. Keep it aside.
- Mix cocoa powder, drinking chocolate and chocolate essence to one quarter dough and mix well. If dough is too dry add 1tbs curd to make it soft.
- On a butter paper roll both vanilla and chocolate dough into squares separately.
- Cut them into 10 equal strips.
- On the previously rolled square sprinkle chopped cashew.
- Then place the 5 chocolate and 5 vanilla strips alternately.
- Cut the other 10 strips to small squares.
- Place the squares so that the cookie dough resembles an interlaced pattern.
- Chill for 10 minutes.
- Cut to desired shapes.
- Preheat oven to 200C
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes remove from oven and transfer to wire mesh to cool.
- Cookies are always very soft when you take them out of oven. Do not panic.
- They become crispy once cooled. Store in airtight container.
|Cream sugar and butter|
|Add the creamed sugar and flour with curd, baking powder and vanilla|
|Prepare a soft dough and divide as shown|
|To one quarter add cocoa, drinking choc powder and choc essence|
|Prepare a smooth dough|
|Roll the 1/2 portion into a square|
|Sprinkle a layer of cashew|
|Roll the choc dough into a square and cut it to strips|
|Do the same to the vanilla quarter|
|Place the stips alternately on the cashew layer|
|Cut the remaining strips to squares|
|Place them to form an interlaced pattern|
|Refrigerate the finished square|
|Cut them into small squares|
|Arrange on a baking tray and bake|
|Serve and Enjoy|